Eating in Dar-es-salaam Tanzania
Eating in Dar-es-salaam Tanzania: The city is renowned for its fresh seafood, and you’ll find plenty of great restaurants and cafes dotted around town. My top three eateries include:
Mamboz Corner BBQ – Occupying a patch of turf just off Dar’s busiest road, this makeshift restaurant serves authentic Tanzanian street food with an Asian flair including hot gajjar chicken and paneer platters.
Out of my way shrimp! I’m headed for the seafood bar!
- Chef’s Pride – Popular with the locals and tourists alike, this restaurant/cafe serves a variety of curries along with Tanzanian specialities including sweet potatoes and rich beef broth. Visit for a hearty lunch.
- Karambezi Cafe – For a spot of Tanzanian fine-dining, make your way to the 5-star Sea Cliff Hotel on the Msasani Peninsula. The seafood here is divine, and you can enjoy it while admiring a vista of the Indian Ocean.
At night, Dar es Salaam comes alive as the residents take to the city’s best bars and nightclubs to dance the night away. Check out my recommendations below:
- Savannah Lounge & Bar – For a fun evening out in a colourful bar, head to the third floor of the JB Belmont Hotel. The multi-coloured disco lights give this lounge a festive air.
- High Spirit Lounge Bar – This busy bar is possibly the city’s most popular hangout when the sun sets. You’ll find it atop the IT Mall Building, and you can enjoy a beer and a twirl on the dancefloor!
- The Waterfront Sunset Restaurant & Beach Bar – Kick back and relax by the ocean at this lively beach bar. Reggae music is usually playing from the speakers, and you can enjoy local beer and wine until the doors close at midnight.
Tanzania Travel Guide| Climb Kilimanjaro and Meru | Beaches in Zanzibar | Mwanza Travel Guide |Dar-es-salaam Travel Guide |Dodoma Travel Guide | Tanga Travel Guide | Mbeya Travel Guide | Arusha Travel Guide | Tanzania Safari and Tours | Africa Safari Forums | African Safari Questions and answers | Volunteers Guide | Expat Guide
Leave an answer
You must login or register to add a new answer.